Steve Bello is an international guitar player/songwriter with six albums under his belt, as well as many endorsements (all listed below). He has been a guitar player for 38 years, turned professional in 1988, and also a private guitar/bass teacher of 21 years.
Aside from performing his own music, he is also available for clinics/recording/touring sessions. Please go to the CONTACT page to submit a request for more information. He is a quick learner and brings a lot of energy to the table, whether covers or originals.
Steve is currently working on demos for his 7th solo album, due out (tentative) Winter 2017.
STEVE BELLO DISCOGRAPHY:
- “The Pink Album” (2002)–out of print (was not an official release)
- TWISTED METAL (2003)–out of print
- ALL WIRED UP (2004)–out of print
- JUPITER RETURN (2005)–in print via CD Baby and iTunes
- ABOUT TO EXPLODE! (2008)–out of print
- GO BERZERK! (2011)–in print via CD Baby and iTunes; Editor’s Pick on CD Baby, and impressive review in M Music Magazine
- LAYERS OF TIME (2015)—Released December 14, 2015; available through this site as well as CD Baby, Amazon, Rhapsody, iTunes and on Spotify. **Many positive reviews can be read on the PRESS page.
*Released “Quicker Than The Devil” as a single-only on March 25, 2015. Available as download on CD Baby
- Ibanez guitars
- VonYork Strings
- Morley pedals
- Digitech pedals
- Swiss Picks
- Spectraflex cables
- Orange amplifiers
- Metal-Shop Pedal Boards
- Checkered Pedals
- Lock-It Straps
- Steve has opened for: Uli Roth (Scorpions), Leslie West (Mountain), Eric Martin (Mr. Big), George Lynch (Dokken/Lynch Mob), Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow/Deep Purple/Yngwie Malmsteen), Michael Angelo Batio, Rob Balducci, Psychoprism, Lita Ford, Attacker and King’s X
- Shared stages with: Bumblefoot (Guns n’Roses), TM Stevens (James Brown/Miles Davis/Steve Vai), TC Tolliver (Plasmatics), Juma Sultan (Jimi Hendrix), and Nik West (Dave Stewart/Prince/Orianthi)
- Toured Germany in September 2014 w/Shocka Zooloo
- Featured in the December 2015 issue of GUITAR PLAYER magazine (page 131) for Von York strings
- June 27, 2016: Steve Bello signature pedal Nuclear Paradise released by Checkered Pedals
- July 1, 2016: Steve Bello signature guitar cable BelloFlex released by Spectraflex
CURRENT BAND MEMBERS:
- Steve Bello (7-string guitars)
- Jimmy Donegan (5-string bass)
- Tommy Irwin (drums)
Whats Going On
Sitting here watching Sex Pistols concerts while wondering when winter will officially be over…
Stranger things have happened. read more…
Made my debut at the Chance last night in Poughkeepsie, NY and it exceeded my expectations like never before! Despite the freezing temperatures (you try lugging gear and not breathing!!), the crowd was big and VERY receptive.
When the music’s right, the vibes follow.
Played the gig last night with Cara Crash’s band and it was definitely cool. A few of my friends came out and of course they all had to ask “You play punk?” But after the set, they all agreed that I pulled it off well. I may not be Johnny Ramone but I brought a lot of energy to the stage and it showed.
But onto the Uli Roth show this Saturday!!!
As I stated in the previous blog, I got to debut a brand-new song at Mexicali called “Marblehead” and it received a good response. A friend/fan of my music named Tom Feeley filmed the song and sent it to me for review. I said it sounded really good, as far as overall video/audio quality and that I wanted to post it on my social media pages.
Now here’s the story behind the title… read more…
Just got home from a most kick-ass night of shred guitar at Mexicali Live. My ears are ringing, so that means it was a fun night.
Or maybe I should answer that call? Is that the phone? Hello?
But damn it was FREEZING outside!! read more…
Had rehearsal with Cara Crash last night, and it was definitely a good time. When the announcement was made last week that I would be filling in on lead guitar for her band, it raised a couple of eyebrows.
Bello likes punk?