Steve Bello is an international guitar player/songwriter with six albums under his belt, as well as many endorsements (all listed below). He has been a guitar player for 38 years, turned professional in 1988, and also a private guitar/bass teacher of 21 years.
Aside from performing his own music, he is also available for clinics/recording/touring sessions. Please go to the CONTACT page to submit a request for more information. He is a quick learner and brings a lot of energy to the table, whether covers or originals.
Steve is currently working on demos for his 7th solo album, due out (tentative) Winter 2017.
STEVE BELLO DISCOGRAPHY:
- “The Pink Album” (2002)–out of print (was not an official release)
- TWISTED METAL (2003)–out of print
- ALL WIRED UP (2004)–out of print
- JUPITER RETURN (2005)–in print via CD Baby and iTunes
- ABOUT TO EXPLODE! (2008)–out of print
- GO BERZERK! (2011)–in print via CD Baby and iTunes; Editor’s Pick on CD Baby, and impressive review in M Music Magazine
- LAYERS OF TIME (2015)—Released December 14, 2015; available through this site as well as CD Baby, Amazon, Rhapsody, iTunes and on Spotify. **Many positive reviews can be read on the PRESS page.
*Released “Quicker Than The Devil” as a single-only on March 25, 2015. Available as download on CD Baby
- Ibanez guitars
- VonYork Strings
- Morley pedals
- Digitech pedals
- Swiss Picks
- Spectraflex cables
- Orange amplifiers
- Metal-Shop Pedal Boards
- Checkered Pedals
- Lock-It Straps
- Steve has opened for: Uli Roth (Scorpions), Leslie West (Mountain), Eric Martin (Mr. Big), George Lynch (Dokken/Lynch Mob), Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow/Deep Purple/Yngwie Malmsteen), Michael Angelo Batio, Rob Balducci, Psychoprism, Lita Ford, Attacker and King’s X
- Shared stages with: Bumblefoot (Guns n’Roses/Art Of Anarchy), TM Stevens (James Brown/Miles Davis/Steve Vai), TC Tolliver (Plasmatics), Juma Sultan (Jimi Hendrix), and Nik West (Dave Stewart/Prince/Orianthi)
- Toured Germany in September 2014 w/Shocka Zooloo (TM Stevens/TC Tolliver/Steve Bello)
- Featured in the December 2015 issue of GUITAR PLAYER magazine (page 131) for Von York strings
- June 27, 2016: Steve Bello signature pedal Nuclear Paradise released by Checkered Pedals
- July 1, 2016: Steve Bello signature guitar cable BelloFlex released by Spectraflex
CURRENT BAND MEMBERS:
- Steve Bello (7-string guitars)
- Jimmy Donegan (5-string bass)
- Tommy Irwin (drums)
Whats Going On
Had rehearsal with my trio today, just got done a few minutes ago. Went over the set list twice, added another new song that will be on the next album, a tune that for now I call “Breathing”. But of course before we played a note, my back decided to act up.
The perils of being an aging musician! read more…
Played a lot of notes this weekend, so here’s my little “review” of sorts about how I spent my weekend…
Last year on this date, the world lost a true music icon. I couldn’t write a blog about it that day because I was definitely sad and, for once, at a loss for words.
Yes, I am talking about Prince.
I know the show at The Chance isn’t for a few months, but why wait to promote? Let’s get this ball rollin,’ shall we?
Tickets can be purchase directly through me at $15 each. Go to the CONTACT page to write me so I can give you more info on how you can get yours. I want to make things go as smooth as possible for everyone, so the sooner you order, the better.
I hope to be recording the new album around this time as well, maybe even get it done by then? Who knows!
The music world and guitar community were shocked and saddened by the unexpected death of one of THE most innovative and enigmatic guitarists ever.
I am talking about Allan Holdsworth…he passed away suddenly yesterday at age 70.
Tributes came pouring in all over social media, from artists as varied as Vernon Reid, Richie Kotzen, Joe Satriani, Hansford Rowe, Jeff Berlin, Billy Sheehan…you name it. Allan was not a household name but his influence is all over every guitar player who wanted to step out of the blues box and try to be unconventional. That’s TRY to. Nobody will ever come close to Allan’s imagination and unique approach to chord structures and non-linear guitar solos.
Start with his amazing work on the first U.K. self-titled album, and then check out his solo album I.O.U. And for a special treat, listen to his blinding solos on some songs from the Level 42 album GUARANTEED. “If You Were Mine” still makes me want to put my guitar in the fireplace.
RIP Allan…now you can jam with John Coltrane…